[tahoe-dev] Pull-to-me then push-to-you (was: #1230 help synopsis for 'tahoe ln' is confusing)

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Tue Jan 18 03:41:35 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-17 08:27, [warner] wrote:
>  patch looks fine. I can't apply it, however, because it accidentally
>  depends upon a bunch of other patches, including one named "{{{Eliminate
>  direct dependencies of Tahoe-LAFS on pywin32}}}".
>
>  I'll apply a normal diff instead.

In general, when the "Context" of a patch has such accidental dependencies,
you can pull the patch into a copy of trunk, then push from there to trunk.
Provided that there are no real dependencies (i.e. the patch doesn't touch
code that has been changed relative to trunk), this will work even though
pushing directly to trunk does not.

I don't know why pushing directly doesn't Just Work; perhaps zooko or #darcs
can explain it.