[tahoe-dev] Google Summer of Code 2010 -- Ideas Needed!

Toby Murray toby.murray at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 12 16:12:05 PST 2010

On 12 March 2010 00:09, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn <zooko at zooko.com> wrote:

> Things that are not part of the Tahoe-LAFS core but are auxiliary
> features would be fine, too, such as a new front-end written in Caja,

I know there has been a few such things started in the past, notably Nathan
Wilcox's JavaScript library includes a JavaScript treeview interface to
Tahoe.

I also spent a few days about this time last year hacking together a Cajita
"Tahoe Explorer" application, witih support for drag and drop for copying
files, amongst some other features. The code works (at least under Firefox
3.0.18) with Tahoe 1.6.1 and can be found here

http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2:u64egztouchecgmlssxx3nk3o4:skv6utnyk4o5y3ea4qaznxflne6mvf4rrrmddjnbkcmdpvadqgya/

Download 'explorer.zip' and unzip it in the 'public_html' subdir of your
tahoe web client's base directory (creating 'public_html' if necessary). You
should then be able to navigate to e.g.

http://localhost:3456/static/explorer/tahoe_explorer.html

Paste a raw directory URI (i.e. one without the 'http://.../uri/' prefix) in
to the top textbox and click the "Go" button, which should bring up a
treeview underneath that should behave as one might expect. Clicking entries
brings up a popup menu. Immutable entries are written in a gray (as opposed
to black) font.

Do feel free to email me if you have any questions about the code; however,
I don't expect to actively develop it any further at the moment owing to
lack of time.

Cheers

Toby