[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #302: stop permuting peerlist, use SI as offset into ring instead?

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Mon Feb 22 15:49:33 PST 2010

#302: stop permuting peerlist, use SI as offset into ring instead?
--------------------------------------------------------------------+-------
 Reporter:  warner                                                  |           Owner:
     Type:  task                                                    |          Status:  new

Comment(by zooko):

 Okay, I was wrong because my simulator had a bug, and Brian was right that
 a flat ring has substantially worse load-balancing properties. I think we
 should close this ticket as {{{wontfix}}}, but I'd like to read through it
 one last time and extract any valuable bits first.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/302#comment:20>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>