[tahoe-dev] Google Summer of Code! Mentors and Ideas wanted.

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Mar 10 11:10:46 PDT 2009

Folks:

I'd like to apply for Google Summer of Code.  If we're accepted, then
Google would pay a small number of students a stipend so that they
can hack on Tahoe this summer.  To apply, we need two things: people
willing to mentor students, and Ideas.

To be a mentor, you need to know Python pretty well, be picky about
testing and documentation, and be nice and friendly and easy to talk
to.  Google says that it usually requires about five hours per week
to mentor a student.

As for Ideas, our issue tracker is overflowing with them -- http://
allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/report/1 , but to apply to GSoC we need to
make a wiki page which identifies which tickets are the right size
for a summer project: http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/wiki/GSoCIdeas .

Please jump in and post your ideas to that wiki!  The deadline to
apply to be a GSoC open source project is Friday.

Regards,

Zooko