[tahoe-dev] Is it useful to truncate mutable files?

Shawn Willden shawn-tahoe at willden.org
Wed Jun 17 11:41:48 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 01:19:25 am Brian Warner wrote:
> But if you've created a lot of large mutable
> files and then feel like deleting them, then yeah, truncating them first
> will save you backend space.

One more question:  I know the SDMF design is intended for smallish files, but
is there any reason not to use it for large files?  I understand that for
most uses immutable files are favored due to their lower initial creation
overhead, but for large files the ability to truncate them later to save
backend space may justify the up-front overhead.

	Shawn.