[tahoe-dev] example of valgrind

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 07:09:26 PDT 2009

[adding Cc: tahoe-dev]

It looks like allmydata.test.test_cli.Backup.test_backup fails
occasionally, which you can see by running it with trial's
"--until-failure" option, or by writing a loop in the shell to execute
the test over and over.

Here is Shawn Willden's report about running it under valgrind:

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Shawn Willden<shawn-tahoe at willden.org> wrote:
> It hangs and never completes the test on my box.  Before it stops running,
> though, trial prints out "[ERROR]" three times and I also see the unhandled
> CFI instruction from valgrind.

On my Ubuntu Jaunty amd64 ("yukyuk" on the buildbot list) and on my
Macbook Pro ("ootles"), if I run "trial --until-failure
allmydata.test.test_cli.Backup.test_backup", then it eventually stops
after printing "ERROR" three times.  This behavior is the same whether
run under valgrind or not.  I haven't had time yet to investigate (I'm
in New Mexico picking up my children from my mother's farm house).

Regards,

Zooko