[tahoe-dev] seeking volunteer for an hour's labor Re: [tahoe-lafs] #773: run through installation on Windows

Michael Walsh michael at michael.ie
Sat Jul 25 17:35:53 PDT 2009

What's the config of the build machines?
I see on zandrs windows-native-tahoe buildslave, as I'm doing he uses
Python.orgs build (instead of cygwins python package).

What compiler - VS 2003? Or setup.py -c mingw32?
 - Is it your own compile of PyWin32 or using a package?

I haven't compiled anything using mingw on windows since... mnet
actually and I'm unsure what stuff from it I actually need installed.

My Config: VS 2008 is installed; cygwin and setup.py executed from
this env; python.org 2.5.4 EXPORTed path to cygwin; PyWin32 package
for Python 2.5; allmydata-tahoe-1.4.1-r4026.tar.gz

error: Setup script exited with error: Python was built with Visual
Studio 2003; extensions must be built with a compiler than can
generate compatible binaries. Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this
system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

Thanks,
Michael