[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS hacking weekend!

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Mon Aug 17 20:37:01 PDT 2009

On Friday,2009-08-14, at 21:04 , Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:

> But, for the details of synchronizing work on these tickets this
> weekend, let's use IRC and someone can summarize for the list on
> Monday.

Tahoe-LAFS Hacking Weekend was really fun.  We had almost a dozen
people on IRC or email contributing buildbots, bug reports, and docs,
and packaging.  The Debian packaging made good progress thanks to
Brian Warner, David Triendl, François Deppierraz, Arthur Lutz, and
possibly some people I've forgotten (and me).  The install.html
process on Linux got some testing thanks to Josh Wilcox.  The Mac
packaging I didn't get around to.  The Windows install process got a
nice update of the docs thanks to Shawn Willden and David-Sarah
Hopwood.  Peter Secor announced (on http://allmydata.org ) the open-
sourcing of allmydata.com's Windows client.

So, we made good progress, but we're not quite ready to close the
rest of the tickets in the Tahoe-LAFS v1.5.1 RoadMap: http://
allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/query?
status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.5.1

I'd say we probably got about halfway there on the Debian side, we're
probably mostly done for v1.5.1 on the Windows side, but we're
apparently not going to have nice Mac packages for v1.5.1, so I
booted the Mac tickets out of the v1.5.1 Milestone.

Thanks, everyone!  I enjoyed it.  :-)

Regards,

Zooko