[tahoe-dev] buildbot status -- Ruben Fedora (was: let's release what we've got (was: plans for tahoe-1.4.0))

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:19:31 PDT 2009

Folks:

Ruben told me that he had indeed installed pycryptopp in his
PYTHONPATH, and that he removed it and tried some new builds.  The new
ones fail in new and interesting ways:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/Ruben%20Fedora/builds/74/steps/test/logs/stdio

The reliability tool require numpy, and reliability.py [1] it catches
ImportError and falls back, but on Ruben's Fedora box importing numpy
yields an AttributeError, not an ImportError.

Brian, Ruben: is this a flaw in the installation of numpy on Ruben's
Fedora box, or is this an expected behavior and Tahoe should catch
AttributeError when attempting to import numpy?  (I sure hope raising
AttributeError on import isn't an expected behavior of numpy... :-))

In a related story, Brian, could we add "reliability_tool" as an
"Extras" feature to the Tahoe metadata and show that it requires numpy
for that, as described here:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#declaring-extras-optional-features-with-their-own-dependencies

Or, alternately, just mark numpy as required for Tahoe (making the
reliability tool non-optional)?

Then, the next two times Ruben pressed the "Force Build" button it got
signal 11 in the backup test!

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/Ruben%20Fedora/builds/75/steps/test/logs/stdio

Yikes.

Next steps: figure out what's wrong with the numpy issue, and set up a
pycryptopp buildbot on Ruben's box.  (He has already set up the
buildslave, I just need to configure the buildmaster...)

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser/src/allmydata/web/reliability.py