[tahoe-dev] update on the buildbots

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Apr 23 12:48:59 PDT 2009

On Apr 22, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Dan McNair wrote:

> ArchLinux doesn't have nevow in its package management, so the
> current easiest best way I can see to install Nevow is exactly what
> I did, with easy_install. Is there a way I can tell the buildbot to
> use _only_ the versions in its tahoe-deps dir instead of the system
> installed versions?

Would you please remove the .egg file from your /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/
site-packages for Nevow and try the Tahoe test again to see if it
starts exhibiting the old weird recursion problem?  If that doesn't
trigger the problem, then will you please remove, one by one, all of
the .egg's from your site-packages which are specified in the Tahoe
_auto_deps.py file?

> That would accomplish the reversion you desire; I don't feel like
> reverting my system, because I use tahoe on a daily basis, and want
> it to keep working.

I'm glad to hear this!  But I promise to help you put it back
afterwards.  Also you can always run Tahoe from in-place, as in:

cd $TAHOE_SOURCE_DIR && python ./setup.py build && ./bin/tahoe --version

Which should keep working even when the dependencies have been
uninstalled from your system-wide site-packages.  (Unless we succeed
at uncovering the weird recursion problem again.  :-))

Regards,

Zooko