[tahoe-dev] Getting Tahoe into Debian (was: Re: linking pycryptopp against system provided cryptopp)

Aleksandr Milewski zandr at allmydata.com
Sun Oct 26 19:32:18 PDT 2008

Brian's connectivity impaired and Zooko's at a conference, so I'll
chime in here.

Brian maintains Debian packages for foolscap, and Zooko uses stdeb to
create packages for zfec and pycryptopp.

Binary packages are available from

http://allmydata.org/debian [dist] main

where [dist] is at least etch/sid/gutsy/hardy, and possibly all the
way pack to dapper. I'll try to round up the necessary bits of source
and metafiles and make them available this week.

Allmydata.com production (my responsibility) is a mix of gutsy and
hardy, and 'apt-get install allmydata-tahoe' with all dependencies
satisfied is a requirement for deployment. :)

-Zandr