[tahoe-dev] StorageSS 08 paper -- due Aug 3

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jul 30 08:42:00 PDT 2008

Folks:

I'm going to be spending some time updating my paper for StorageSS 08
[1].  The final version is due this Sunday, August 3.  The submitted
version and the reviewers' comments were earlier posted to this list
[2].

My goals are to address, as much as I can in time constraints, the
following reviewer comments:

1.  There is no Related Works section.

2.  There is no evaluation, i.e. measurement of Tahoe's performance
or how widely deployed it is, or any other interesting numbers.

3.  There are no diagrams.

I do not have experience creating nice diagrams, so if anybody wants
to jump in with beautiful diagrams of section 4.3 -- Immutable FIles,
section 4.4 -- Mutable Files, and section 5.1 -- ECDSA and
Intermediate Public Keys, then you will earn a place in the
acknowledgments of the paper and my gratitude.  Brian's SVG diagrams
in the docs/ directory [3] are a good start, but they need to be
updated and simplified, and converted into .eps or .pdf or some such
format for inclusion in the paper.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://storagess.org/2008/