[tahoe-dev] Mutable versus immutable uris.

Nathan nejucomo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 08:36:22 PDT 2007

Hello,

I've begun a fuse proof-of-concept extension which uses the webapi.
My goal is to keep it "thin" delegating fuse operations directly to
webapi.  I'll submit a patch as soon as I successfully test an
operation, and hopefully I'll have something fun to play with at the
dev fest.

However, I've also been brainstorming a fatter interface which would
perhaps make the fuse interface more user friendly.  This approach
might cache a download, for instance, or it may store a local file
while it is being modified, then upload it when that file is closed.

Is it true that file URIs refer to unique, immutable content, whereas
directory URIs refer to mutable content?  Is there a way to determine
whether or not the referent of a URI is mutable?  This would obviously
simplify any caching strategy.

Nathan