[tahoe-dev] how to build pycryptopp on Mac OS X

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Mon Dec 31 22:33:28 PST 2007

Folks:

If you install Crypto++ [1] into the default "/usr" location on Mac
OS X (by running "make install" in the cryptopp directory), then the
build of pycryptopp will fail with an error message like "/usr/bin/
ld: can't locate file for: -lcryptopp".  If instead you install Crypto
++ into /usr/local by running "make install PREFIX=/usr/local" then
everything will work.

I've documented this in the pycryptopp README, and I'll suggest to
the Crypto++ author that perhaps /usr/local ought to be the default
value in the GNUmakefile.

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://cryptopp.com