[tahoe-dev] new test grid with secure, decentralized mutable files and directories

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sat Dec 8 21:00:59 PST 2007

Folks:

The next version of tahoe with secure, decentralized mutable files
and directories (as well as with many other improvements) will
probably be released this coming week.

You can see from The Roadmap [1] what further work needs to be done
for this release -- it is mostly documentation.

I have set up a new test grid running the current source code.  There
are two publically usable web gateways into the new test grid:

http://tahoebs1.allmydata.com:8123

http://nooxie.zooko.com:8123

If you want to set up a node and connect to this grid, just copy the
Introducer field from the Welcome Page of one of those web gateways.

The new version of tahoe no longer has a "global public vdrive" on
the front page.  However, here is read-write access to a secure
decentralized directory that I just created:

http://nooxie.zooko.com:8123/uri/URI%3ADIR2%
3Au1doxkn67shhi8jrnm4a4m5rhc%
3Aht4xztp7poyujbjzzugnrdie7b11sy4e717nb4ppga5bbstu99ry/

You can of course replace "nooxie.zooko.com" with
"tahoebs1.allmydata.com" and get access to the same decentralized
directory.  If you install the latest darcs version of tahoe yourself
then you can replace "nooxie.zooko.com" with "localhost".

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/roadmap