[tahoe-dev] progress report on ticket #115

Brian Warner warner at allmydata.com
Sat Dec 1 12:12:21 PST 2007

> I've finished almost all of the integration/unit test cleanup work
> for Small Distributed Mutable Files.  Tests now show
>
> FAILED (skips=1, failures=1, errors=3, successes=248)

Yay!

> Wow, our unit tests are really comprehensive.  webish.py has 1388
> lines of code (in current trunk), and test_web.py has 1479 lines of
> code.

Yeah, and I've found that presenting the results as "line of code *not*
covered" motivates me to find ways to exercise those lines, especially once
there aren't very many such lines left. It becomes glaringly obvious that
error conditions are hard to trigger when the code coverage results show red
lines inside all the "except:" blocks :).

> (I guess figleaf doesn't count blank lines or comments as lines of
> code.)

Correct. I think it's using the stdlib AST parser module to decide what
counts as source and what doesn't. Incidentally, there's a lingering bug in
this determination, #109, which messes up the way that
allmydata.util.version_class is measured.

cheers,
 -Brian