[tahoe-dev] remove the localfile feature from web API?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Fri Aug 3 09:22:16 PDT 2007

Folks:

It seems like the localfile hack in the web API raises some issues
and it isn't strictly required -- it is a performance optimization.
As per oral discussion with Brian, Rob and Peter (at the Meat On A
Stick restaurant), I *think* that what we agreed to do is remove the
localfile hack from the API for the first version and then add it
back as a performance optimization once we have time to sort out the
issues.

Is that right?

If so, I'll go ahead and remove it from webapi.txt and webish.py in
preparation for the v0.5 release.

Regards,

Zooko